General Course Information
The Level 1 Mountain Bike Skills Instructor course is a two-day theory and trail intensive aimed at Level 0 Instructors wanting to accelerate their instructing to the next level. Upon successful completion participants will be equipped to teach CX style mounting and dismounting, cornering, pumping the trail, track stands, riding rock gardens, small step ups, small drop-offs, steep climbs and switchbacks on blue trails.
Level 1 will feature an emphasis on instructors ability to demonstrate trail riding skills to best industry standard as well as consolidation of level O instructing methods.
Below are the pre-requisites required to attend a Level 1 MTB Skills Instructor Course:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a financial member of Mountain Bike Australia
- Hold a current recognized First Aid certificate (Provide First Aid – HLTAID003 or higher)
- Hold a current Working With Children Check that meets State/Territory legislation
- Completed compulsory pre-course activities
- Be an accredited MTBA Level 0 Mountain Bike Skills Instructor
- Completed 20 hours of logged instructing since completing Level 0 Mountain Bike Skills Instructor
- Complete the Pre Course Local Trail Audit worksheet
Information is also available on the Coaching Page of the MTBA website.
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to ask.
Cearna (CC) Mckenzie
P: 07 5628 0116 (direct)
P: 07 5628 0110 (office)