Media Accreditation 2021 Federation University Road National Championships
Your media accreditation for the AusCycling 2021 Federation University Road National Championships has been APPROVED.
As part of the COVID-Safe requirements for the Championships, all media are required to undertake the following declaration BEFORE arriving on-site. We ask that you also take a screenshot at the completion of this form and email it to Amy McCann.
As stated on the accreditation form, due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be a number of changes to the 2021 Championships media processes. Key changes include:
- No on-site media centre will be in operation.
- No media car will be accessible for media to access the course during the weekend's road races. Media will be able to access the road race course on foot, however, will not be able to access the ticketed KOM/QOM area at the Road Race on without being registered.
- Media/Athlete mixed zone area will feature athlete and media areas. The area (near to the presentation area) will only be accessible post-race, with a mask required for entry into this area.)
- Change to level of photographer access - green bib only to approved media only
Please either print this email OR have it available on your mobile device at the time you collect your accreditation.
Please collect your Media Accreditation OR Photographer Bibs between the times below near the start-finish line. Please call the Media Team on +61390990655 when you are on site:
- Wed - 12pm to 2pm - Chancellor Drive, Federation University
- Thur - 10am to 12pm - Chancellor Drive, Federation University
- Fri - 1pm to 3pm - Dawson St Sth & Sturt St, Ballarat
- Sat - 9am to 10am - Warrenheip St/Midland Hwy
- Sun - 7am to 8am - Warrenheip St/Midland Hwy
The 2021 Road National Championships features a jam-packed schedule of activities over five days. Full Schedule.
There is only one level of photographer accreditation. Approved Green Bib photographers will have access to four main accredited photographer areas, in addition to the general public areas. Green Bibs are collected on your arrival - without this, you will not be permitted into the areas below. You will be required to be returned on the final day of competition.
Pre-Race Start Line - Criterium and Road Races
Finishing Straight Pen - Criterium and Road Races
- Located on the start line prior to each race
- All photographers must clear the course prior to the race start at the request of the Commissaire
Finish Line Pens (2) - Criterium and Road Races
- Located behind the barrier fencing on the left side of the course (race direction)
- Area permits a maximum of 10 green bibs at any one time.
- Access is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Access is available during all races
Presentations - All Races
- Located on either side of the finishing straight (behind the barrier fencing)
- Each Area permits a maximum of 4 green bibs in each area at any one time
- Access is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Located at the front of the stage
General media will have access to the:
Media-Athlete Mixed Zone
- Access for general media only - no photographers (broadcast excluded)
- Open just after race finish / just prior to race presentations for each respective presentation section.
- All media will be required to wear a mask (all media required to bring their own mask) while interviewing athletes in the mixed zone
START LISTS / RESULTS
Start lists and results will be available on Monday afternoon at www.roadnationals.org.au.
All media have access to the official Media Portal which will feature official photos, video, audio and event recaps from the Championships.
LIVE STREAM / BROADCAST
AusCycling is excited to announce the AusCycling 2021 Federation University Road National Championships will feature an enhanced broadcast agreement for 2021. Full Guide
TRAVEL & LOCATION GUIDE
- Visit Ballarat - There’s so much to discover in Ballarat Discover Ballarat
- Road Closures - Take note of the following Road Closures during the Championships.
- Spectator Guide - Local community events & the spectator guide is available via Spectator Guide.
- Shuttle Service - is available on Sunday from Mt Helen to Buninyong. More Details.