Dear BMX Clubs,
AusCycling wish to notify our members of the upcoming transition of BMX Australia members to AusCycling’s database – TidyHQ. With the closure of our current database at the end of February 2021 – our Member Services Team have put together the following process for current members of BMX Australia. There are 2 categories in this transition:
1. Members expiring in March 2021
2. Members expiring in April 2021 and onward
Members expiring in March 2021
Members with an expiry date up to 31st March 2021 – will not be manually entered into TidyHQ. This is due to the membership coming up for renewal and not wanting to double-up memberships within the database.
These are the steps we have recommended for members expiring in March (email communication sent to these members 21st Feb 2021):
Before 26th February 2021 please check your expiry date on your BMX Australia membership.
2. To do this please follow the below steps:
a) Go to the BMXA App > https://bmxaustralia.com.au/bmxa-app/
b) Login to your BMXA account using your current BMXA membership number and password.
c) Go to ‘Virtual Card’ and screen shot this to your device.
If you require a PDF copy of your Virtual Card, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email this to your email address. Please note: We will aim to send this within 3-5 business days. However, we will be unable to send your PDF copy beyond 4:00pm AEDT NSW/VIC/TAS 26th February 2021.
3. When it is time for you to renew, please check out our membership categories here > https://auscycling.org.au/membership and you will begin the process of selecting the category and creating a new account with AusCycling.
Please note: If you are racing BMX, please ensure you purchase a ‘Race’ membership and not a ‘Lifestyle‘ membership. The lifestyle membership does not cover members for racing, and only covers BMX for gates, practice, coaching and non-racing activities.
4. You are welcome to renew early with AusCycling, and once you have purchased your new membership – you may email email@example.com and we will adjust your Start and Expiry Date.
Members Expiring in April 2021 – onward
Members with an expiry date from 1st April 2021 and onwards – The AusCycling Member Services Team will be transitioning memberships in Late February to early March 2021.
Membership end-date will be as per BMXA expiry date.
The following steps will be completed by the AusCycling Member Services Team (email communication sent to these members 21st Feb 2021):
1. If your membership is connected to family members or connected to multiple members on the same email address – we will request in a separate email the primary account holder to be identified.
Please note: If there is no response to the email – we will identify the eldest member as the primary account holder.
(If there is only one person to an email address – you will skip this step.)
2. Batches will be created, and we have matched your current membership category to the AusCycling membership categories offered.
3. Once the Batch has been completed by a team member – we will notify you via email. This will include the following:
- Reset Password Email to access your account and any family members with the same email address.
- Information on how to access your digital membership card.
4. Members will then use their AC Member ID for activities and events with BMX.
In case you have an event, we also advise doing the following before 26th February 2021:
- Go to the BMXA App > https://bmxaustralia.com.au/bmxa-app/
- Login to your BMXA account using your current BMXA membership number and password.
- Go to ‘Virtual Card’ and screen shot this to your device.
Please note: This is just a providing a back-up to ensure your membership can be verified during this transition.
If the case of current Coaching and/or Officiating accreditation with BMX Australia – we will be adding these details to members profiles in the coming weeks.
This will include the appropriate dates and most documents. However, we may contact members in the future with the need to re-submit documents for re-verification. We will be in touch with members if this is required.
Please note, once memberships have been created in Tidy HQ, events can be entered and attended using the AusCycling number. BMXA numbers will no longer be required.
Clubs – Member Downloads
AusCycling will be doing final member downloads on the last week of OSM and our final download on Friday 26th February 2021 of current members. This is to ensure we do not lose any BMXA members in the process.
We also advise clubs to download their Current Members List on Friday 26th February 2021, and below are instructions of how to do this:
1. Login to your Club’s OSM Login – Click here and use your Login and Password.
2. Once logged in, go to the tab ‘Reporting’.
3. Select ‘Ad Hoc Queries’.
4. Select the report ‘Current ALL Members’ – this should be the first report on the list.
5. Export the data and this will be the current members from the 26th February 2021 and onwards.
In the case of being unable to do this, the Members Services Team are able to provide a report and this can be requested by contacting us on the membership email below.
We are looking forward to having our BMXA members in our AusCycling database-making it easier for everyone to enjoy the sport they love!
If you have any questions regarding the process, please get in-touch with our AusCycling Member Services Team via email – firstname.lastname@example.org