Level 1 MTB Skills Instructor Course | Northern Queensland | October 2019
As you have expressed an interest in attending a Level 1 MTB Skills Instructor Course, Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) is contacting you to gauge your appeal to attend the following course.
We are looking to hold the Level 1 course in Townsville or Mackay on the 5 & 6 October 2019.
MTBA is canvassing to see if there is sufficient demand for this course, we would need 5 people interested prior to opening registrations. The cost of the course is $495 per person, participants need to be a current financial member of MTBA. Free trial, community members and day licences are not accepted.
Please reply to this email with your name and preferred location, to express your interest in attending.
*Feel free to share this email with others who it may appeal too.
General Course Information
The Level 1 Mountain Bike Skills Instructor course is a two-day theory and trail intensive aimed at Level 0 Instructors wanting to accelerate their instructing to the next level. Upon successful completion participants will be equipped to teach CX style mounting and dismounting, cornering, pumping the trail, track stands, riding rock gardens, small step ups, small drop-offs, steep climbs and switchbacks on blue trails.
Level 1 will feature an emphasis on instructors ability to demonstrate trail riding skills to best industry standard as well as consolidation of level O instructing methods.
Below are the pre-requisites required to attend a Level 1 MTB Skills Instructor Course:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a financial member of Mountain Bike Australia
- Hold a current recognized First Aid certificate (Provide First Aid – HLTAID003 or higher)
- Hold a current Working With Children Check that meets State/Territory legislation
- Completed compulsory pre-course activities
- Be an accredited MTBA Level 0 Mountain Bike Skills Instructor
- Completed 20 hours of logged instructing since completing Level 0 Mountain Bike Skills Instructor
- Complete the Pre Course Local Trail Audit worksheet
Information is also available on the Coaching Page of the MTBA website.
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to ask.
Cearna (CC) Mckenzie
P: 07 5628 0116 (direct)
P: 07 5628 0110 (office)